Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apply filter to Power BI Tile in Power Apps

I have a PowerApp with a PowerBI report displayed according to this link: Integrating Power BI Reports on Power Apps Screen - Power of Power Platform. I have also tried embedding a single chart at a time. 

I then followed this link to apply filters in URL as follows: Power BI tile control in Power Apps - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs with this syntax structure: 

&$filter=<TableName>/<ColumnName> eq '<Value>'

Omitting the <> of course.

However my charts/reports do not change at all. I've tried filtering on other fields/tables to make sure it isn't restricted to the field. Also ensured the field is a string type. 

Any ideas how I can achieve this? Thank you 

3 REPLIES 3
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous,

And which technique did you use?

• Embed a Power BI tile via the Chart menu and then configure the workspace/dashboard/tile
  • Or embed a Power BI report via the embed code, as mentioned further along the report

Can you share the exact URL you are using, starting from the &$filter part?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @nickyvv , thank you so much for responding!

So I have tried both but right now I am using the embed Power BI Tile and manually setting the TileUrl to the Report's embed in Webpage/Portal url, as per the first link in my post.

My TileUrl now reads as follows: "https://app.powerbi.com/reportEmbed?reportId=someguid&autoAuth=true&ctid=....&config=...&filterPaneE... eq 'Cash'" 

So: &$filter=PricingModelTbl/PricingModelName eq 'Cash'" 

Hi @Anonymous, 

thanks for waiting for the response. In case you haven't solved it:

I'm struggling to find if you took the right approach to the URL filtering.

On this page you mentioned, there are 2 ways of filtering, using the new or the old API.

According to your TileUrl, I think you are using the new one (because you use reportEmbed?...), but your filter part uses the old syntax. When using the old API, the URL should look something like this:

nickyvv_0-1629878440252.png

Can you confirm that AllowNewAPI is set to false? Or did you not set that at all?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors