Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

acbg
Resolver III
Resolver III

Apply Visual Theme after Filter is applied

Noticing couple of things when it comes to visual colors:

1. Theme Colors are applied after a visual level filter is applied.
    Ex: If my color pallete has Red, White and Blue (in that order) and in a stacked bar visual which has below data and I apply top two Customers based on value, only Red and Blue appear. I would prefer if the color is applied after the visual level filter where Red and White appears instead, same order as my theme/color pallete. Is this possible?
    CustomerValue
    CustomerA100
    CustomerB50
    CustomerC200
  2. Colors are always based on Category and are always ascending.
    Ex: In the above data, CustomerA is always Red, Customer B is always White and CustomerC is always Blue. Is there a way to change these colors based on value instead. Top Value Customer is Red, second value is white and third value is blue. Essentially following the color pallete in my theme. Is this possible?

This is just and example, I have charts that display top 15 customers and customer list changes based on other filters.

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Theme colors are notoriously unreliable, they break on the service all the time.  Wherever you can use conditional formatting where you have a color name column or even DAX function to control your colors.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors