Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amitkumar10

Append and Approve new data to existing table

Hello,

I would like to create a PowerBI dashboard where I can give users capability to append data to the existing table and then a Super Administrator has to approve the newly added data by users before it shows in the Dashboard charts. 

Is this possible to do with just PowerBI (I know I may have to use PowerApps) but no other software being involved?

Looking forward to guidance from experts.

Best Regards,

Amit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @amitkumar10 

The data in the dashboard comes from the data source. Only when the data is updated in the data source, will it be updated to the dashboard through a refresh operation.

Unless you give the user access to the data source, otherwise the user cannot add any data to the dashboard in the service.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @amitkumar10 

The data in the dashboard comes from the data source. Only when the data is updated in the data source, will it be updated to the dashboard through a refresh operation.

Unless you give the user access to the data source, otherwise the user cannot add any data to the dashboard in the service.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

@amitkumar10 - Unfortunately as far I know, it is not possible only with Power BI, you have to use some other tool (Power APP)

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution and give it a thumbs up

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors