Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gk2go
Helper II
Helper II

Append OneDrive worksheet tables dynamically

I have a worksheet with multiple tables, with a new one added each day.
Importing the worksheet In Power BI Desktop conveniently appends all the tables in the worksheet into one table named after the query name.

However if I try to import the worksheet with power bi service (to avail of the OneDrive hourly refresh) it creates a table for each table in the workbook instead of appending then into one. How should I deal with this?
4 REPLIES 4
v-joesh-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @gk2go ,

After my research, I'm afraid it couldn't achieve in Power BI for now. For your requirement,  you can come up with a new idea and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

In addition, I found an idea similar to your needs, you can vote:

Enable OneDrive Refresh for Excel files loaded from OneDrive Personal in Power BI Desktop via URL

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Joey
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Voted!

It's the same in dataflows, but there you can edit the query to consolidate all the Tables into one with this code:

Source = Excel.Workbook(Web.Contents("https://sharepoint.com/sites/GK/Shared Documents/Workbooks/data.xlsx"), null, true),

#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(Source, each Text.StartsWith([Name], "Table")),

#"Removed Other Columns" = Table.SelectColumns(#"Filtered Rows", {"Data"})

Hi @gk2go

Yes, it’s just that there will be a refresh limit of 8 times a day. Maybe you need Power BI Premium licensing, if the dataset resides on a Premium capacity, you can schedule up to 48 refreshes per day in the dataset settings.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Joey
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Indeed, or since the data is in OneDrive Microsoft makes it work for free with the OneDrive Refresh, per the idea you posted.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors