Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RogerMoquin
Regular Visitor

App with Blob storage as a parameter not working

I am creating an app. The data for the report is located in a blob. Since I want the App user to point to to their own blob storage, I added a parameter for the blob url in the data source settings. Problem #1 : the access key of the blob cannot be configured as a parameter. 

When I share the app, the user is prompted to enter "is blob url" in the parameter. The second screen prompt the user to enter the access key of the "default blob url aka the demo data source". Why is the user prompted to enter the demo blob url access key and not "is blob url" key ?

How can my users enter their own blob url + access key when they start the app ?

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RogerMoquin ,

Can you please share a few creenshots about the configured parameters and the situation of entering them?

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi

He are some screenshoots

In PBI Desktop, my blob url parameter

Image7.png

Datasource setting for the blob specifie a parameter

Image2.png

Access key cannot be set as a parameter

Image3.png

When I open the app, I specify a new blob URL

Image4.png

You can see on the next page, that the Storage is still the account that was in my initial dekstop file. So the last printscreen, the parameter edit, don't seem to apply. So how to I use files from a blob storage in a app ? THANKS

Image5.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors