Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

heidibb
Helper IV
Helper IV

App vs. Content Pack

Looking for input on App vs. Content Pack.

In our original process, we have workspaces set up based on role within our company. When we publish reports from our group, we do so to a specific workspace, which contains all reports and then use content packs to push certain reports to the workspaces depending on what each audience needs. The plus to this is we only publish the report 1x vs. having to publish many times (creating risk that versions can get out of sync).

I know content packs are eventually going away and they are suggesting we use apps now. Admittedly i have not done a lot of research on this, but I'm wondering if there is a way to use apps similar to content packs, where we publish the report 1x and then can push the report app to workspaces?

Any guidance would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@heidibb ,

In edit app workspance pane, select "Members can edit power bi content" as below, so that members can modify/delete current report/dataset and publish new report to the workspace. Also I would suggest you to refer to new app workspace as well.

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@heidibb ,

In edit app workspance pane, select "Members can edit power bi content" as below, so that members can modify/delete current report/dataset and publish new report to the workspace. Also I would suggest you to refer to new app workspace as well.

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors