Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bcortez89
Frequent Visitor

App shows grey/blank content screen for some users

I recently shared an App with a large distribution list. A few users are reporting that they can see the various report titles listed on the left hand side, but the actual content portion is completely blank/grey. I've tried adding those users individually to permissions and  have had them launch the App from the app panel directly. Users primarly use Chrome but have tried multiple browsers. Users have tried logging out and back in, no resolution so far.

Has anyone ran into this before of have any suggestions for "next steps" as far as troubleshooting? Is this a licensing/access issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I would first start with the licensing to make sure that those users have either a Power BI Pro license or if running in Power BI Premium that they have got a Power BI Free license.

After that I would then make sure that on the dataset level that the group has got the read permission?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bcortez89 ,

What license does the user have and what capacity is the app based on? Users need to have pro license or content exists in preminum capacity. If users are external users, you need to invite them to be guest users.

Dose the report in the app have RLS? If RLS is created, is the role assigned correctly in the service?

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I would first start with the licensing to make sure that those users have either a Power BI Pro license or if running in Power BI Premium that they have got a Power BI Free license.

After that I would then make sure that on the dataset level that the group has got the read permission?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

All users have Pro licenses, but I failed to give them permissions at the dataset level. That was it! Thank you for your help. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors