Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MAwbre
Advocate I
Advocate I

App only showing 1 of 3 dashboards in workspace

Spoiler
EDIT:  Added images to help illustrate the issue and a postulation as to the cause

I have a workspace with 3 different dashboards in it.  I want to have the app land on one dashboard, but allow the users to select one of the others after landing.  Tiles within a single dashboard are working as expected.

Despite any sharing or authorization settings I do, I cannot get the app itself to contain more than the single dashboard.  The strange part is if I specify it to land on any of the other 2 dashboards, it lands on a blank page and says that they do not exist.  If you then click on the error, it takes you to the report, which works fine.

So the app appears to have the CORRECT REPORTS, but NOT the DASHBOARDS.  I believe this is a bug without workaround, but I haven't seen it reported elsewhere.  Has anyone else had problems publishing an app with more than 1 dashboard?

Is it possible this is because the 1 dashboard that is shown was created using the +Create dialogue in the workspace, while the other 2 dashboards were created through the "Pin" dialogue in the reports?

snip1.PNGThis is the app.  As shown, there is only 1 dashboard available.  When I click "Edit App" It takes me to the workspace.

snip2.PNG

This is the workspace of the app.  As you can see, there are 3 dashbaords here.  Despite updating the app, or pointing specifically to one of the other dashboards, I cannot get them to appear in the app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MAwbre
Advocate I
Advocate I

@jfiorillo @v-sihou-msft

I just got off the phone with support.  We were able to resolve this by unpublishing and republishing the app.  The data lost was the description, shared users list, and the URL.

I would still like to point out this as a likely bug, at least there is a workaround to force the application to update.  This is a less than ideal, but working solution.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MAwbre
Advocate I
Advocate I

@jfiorillo @v-sihou-msft

I just got off the phone with support.  We were able to resolve this by unpublishing and republishing the app.  The data lost was the description, shared users list, and the URL.

I would still like to point out this as a likely bug, at least there is a workaround to force the application to update.  This is a less than ideal, but working solution.

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@MAwbre

I haven't encountered your issue. Even new created dashboard, the number is updated immediately on App. 

Which cluster are you in (America, Asia Pacific, or Europe)? 

If the issue still persists, please create a support ticket

Regards,

I am in the America cluster.  The issue has not been resolved.  I will open a ticket.

jfiorillo
Helper I
Helper I

I am having the same issue. I  have a dashboard that is in the workspace but will not publish to the app. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors