Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AdamLozo
Regular Visitor

App in store can't be deleted

I have a test app with no dataset and no reports.  It shows up in the App store.  I am the admin.   I've been trying to delete this app but am not able to get it to appear in my workspace.   Here's a link to it:

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/apps/a867b2b2-7f51-4e28-ac9b-013e112c3057/reports/dc13f8f7-a73d-4b...

I seems to be a bug.   Is it possible to have this removed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think I know what's behind my inability to delete this app.   I had a Pro version of PBI but with the launch of premium services it seems that I've lost Pro status.   I see an invitation for a 12 month trial of Pro, but have not yet activated it.   My sense is once I do, I'll be able to delete that app. 

Thanks for your follow up, it's most appreciated.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AdamLozo,

Have you try to unpublish it? If not, please take a look at below article:

Unpublish the app

To unpublish an app, click the “…” icon and select Unpublish app. The app will be removed from Microsoft AppSource and is inaccessible by end users.

Distribute to large audiences with Power BI apps

Unpublishing an App  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I see the App when I click on the 'Get More Apps from the Microsoft App Store'.   I select the app and it appears in the App space on PBI online.   It does not show up in Workspaces which means I don't have the ability to unpublish it.   I am the app owner.

Hi @AdamLozo,

>>It does not show up in Workspaces which means I don't have the ability to unpublish it.

The app not show up in your workspace. You can direct click on '...' and choose the unpublish app to uppublish this app.

BTW, if you workspace not contains any app, you can't find the unpublish option at '...' menu.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I think I know what's behind my inability to delete this app.   I had a Pro version of PBI but with the launch of premium services it seems that I've lost Pro status.   I see an invitation for a 12 month trial of Pro, but have not yet activated it.   My sense is once I do, I'll be able to delete that app. 

Thanks for your follow up, it's most appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors