Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

marcoproserpio
Helper II
Helper II

App doesn't get updated after being Republished

Hello,
after I republish the app with the new config layout app doesn't get updated accordingly. What seems strange in the app config menu the app seems to be configured accordingly. 
Thank you 

marcoproserpio_0-1663761312549.png

marcoproserpio_1-1663761344297.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @marcoproserpio 

You need to go via "Update App", then on the (3) Audience tab, move your mouse over the navigation items on the left hand side, you see the Eye Icon pop up for each navigation item.

Burningsuit_1-1664977289589.png

You'll need to check this for each Audience you have created. 

Once you've published an App, adding any content to it is added with the view turned off for all Audiences, you have to turn the new content on for whichever Audience is appropriate.

Hope this helps

Stuart 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
marcoproserpio
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @v-luwang-msft ,
any workaround to your knowledge?
BR,
Marco

marcoproserpio
Helper II
Helper II

Hello,
I removed all the dashboard and checked reports and still had the issue.
I deleted and recreated the APP and it was updated.
If I make some changes now, again they don't take place; the deleting recreating processing may be a problem, cause I need to reshare the app link every time.
BR,
Marco

Hi @marcoproserpio 

You need to go via "Update App", then on the (3) Audience tab, move your mouse over the navigation items on the left hand side, you see the Eye Icon pop up for each navigation item.

Burningsuit_1-1664977289589.png

You'll need to check this for each Audience you have created. 

Once you've published an App, adding any content to it is added with the view turned off for all Audiences, you have to turn the new content on for whichever Audience is appropriate.

Hope this helps

Stuart 

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @marcoproserpio ,

Has your problem been solved, if so, please consider Accept a correct reply as the solution or share your own solution to help others find it.

Best Regards
Lucien

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @marcoproserpio ,

Pls check if  the reprots that were building the dashboards were hidden in the app. And you could create a new app with another name then check it.

Similar error refer:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Dashboard-not-updating-new-layout-when-updating-app/m-p/243...

Best Regards

Lucien

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors