Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bulvers
Frequent Visitor

App does not match Report

Hello, I am running into an issue with my app. 

I have a report that I publish from Power BI Desktop. It has 7 (3 shown) slicers across the top that are all set to drop down.

Desktop.PNG

When I publish this report and go view it at powerbi.com, it looks the same. Everything working as intended.

However, when I Update my app, all of my slicers change to list rather than dropdown. I verified that the published report was correct after updating app, and it looked correct. Just the App is not correct.

App.PNG

Any idea what might be causing this? 

Thanks!

B

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Bulvers 

I have seen this happen in the past when you have modified the filters and it is keeping not only the filters it also keeps those states.

Can you try and pressing the Reset to Default

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Bulvers that is rather strange.

I just tested this myself and all the updates I did in the report (with user A) show up in the app for user B. User B also has Viewer access to the workspace and the updates are processed there also.

Can you try it with another workspace and see what that does? Or maybe add someone else to the app and see if their experience in the app is the same?

Did this help you or did I answer your question?
Then please give kudos or mark my post as a solution!
My blog: nickyvv.com
Twitter: @NickyvV

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Yes, it looks like it is not consistent. I have 20 people using the same App. 12 of them are seeing Lists on SOME of the reports and 8 of them are seeing drop downs as they should be. Also, it appears to only be on some reports within the same app. 

Hi @Bulvers 

I have seen this happen in the past when you have modified the filters and it is keeping not only the filters it also keeps those states.

Can you try and pressing the Reset to Default

image.png

Power BI Blog

Reset to default worked for me.

No idea what was going on there but I had almost exactly the same problem - slicer was set to Single Select [Off] in Desktop & Report but App it was [On], after multiple refreshes and even removing the Report from the App.  Had tried hiding & republishing and it was hidden OK but this refused to go away.

This appears to have fixed it for now.. Thanks!

Awesome, thanks for letting us know.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors