Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

App Workspaces and Hierarchies

I pretty much know the answer to this but I just wanted to be sure

At present you cant create hierarchies of workspaces. You can only create one level? So for instance I couldnt have

Management Services

Service Area 1

Service Area 2

Sales Services

Sales Area 1

Sales Area 2

So you couldnt just see the Management Services and Sales Services Workspaces in your list, then drill down to move App workspace Levels

Its essentially one level, so It you have access to everything you see all the workspaces like this

Management Services

Service Area 1

Service Area 2

Sales Services

Sales Area 1

Sales Area 2

its something that has been asked for so i just wanted to see what other people thought on this one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! Well this is something that made me think a lot, how it's the best way to handle hierarchies. PBI Service offers just one level workspaces, so if you need to split access you should need to create separated workspaces. For example, if you have a Purchase worspace and you want to limit access to some reports just for managers, you should create a Purchase Management worspace in order to do so (and each workspace will have a different app).

That is the conclusion I got looking for answers and talking with colleagues. Even if this is a request of many of us(believe me, you are not alone), this is not yet possible in a better way.  I hope it helps!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! Well this is something that made me think a lot, how it's the best way to handle hierarchies. PBI Service offers just one level workspaces, so if you need to split access you should need to create separated workspaces. For example, if you have a Purchase worspace and you want to limit access to some reports just for managers, you should create a Purchase Management worspace in order to do so (and each workspace will have a different app).

That is the conclusion I got looking for answers and talking with colleagues. Even if this is a request of many of us(believe me, you are not alone), this is not yet possible in a better way.  I hope it helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors