Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Allisond
Advocate II
Advocate II

App Space not Updating Users

Hello, I am trying to add guest users to my app.  For certain users, when I update app it looks as though they are in the permission group, however, when I refresh they are gone.  The users are from a guest organization.

Is there a step I am missing with these users to get the App permission linked?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Allisond 

“When you refresh they are gone” ,can you describe the sentence in detail ?

I tested the scenario you said ,copy a report from another workspace and then put the report with the report from current workspace together then publish them as an app .When I enter the user account in Access , there is a notice that “Some of the content in this app comes from datasets in other workspaces. You may need to manage permissions manually to make sure everyone who should have access does have access” . As shown in the screenshot below.

Ailsamsft_0-1630301805251.png

Then sign in Service with guest user account , you can see the report from current workspace .But if you want to access the copied report that from another workspace , it will prompt Permission required .

Ailsamsft_1-1630301805253.png

You need to go to the workspace where the report is located, find the corresponding dataset, and then add users to give access permissions.Then the guest user can smoothly see the content in the app shared with him on his account .

Ailsamsft_2-1630301805255.pngAilsamsft_3-1630301805259.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Allisond 

“When you refresh they are gone” ,can you describe the sentence in detail ?

I tested the scenario you said ,copy a report from another workspace and then put the report with the report from current workspace together then publish them as an app .When I enter the user account in Access , there is a notice that “Some of the content in this app comes from datasets in other workspaces. You may need to manage permissions manually to make sure everyone who should have access does have access” . As shown in the screenshot below.

Ailsamsft_0-1630301805251.png

Then sign in Service with guest user account , you can see the report from current workspace .But if you want to access the copied report that from another workspace , it will prompt Permission required .

Ailsamsft_1-1630301805253.png

You need to go to the workspace where the report is located, find the corresponding dataset, and then add users to give access permissions.Then the guest user can smoothly see the content in the app shared with him on his account .

Ailsamsft_2-1630301805255.pngAilsamsft_3-1630301805259.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Allisond
Advocate II
Advocate II

The organization has been set up by are admin as a guest org.  Do we need to do anything to individual users?

Many of the reports in the app are copied from reports from another workspace.  Do I have to do anything for those users in the original workspace to make them "stick" in the app in the second?   

Thank you for any help. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors