Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

App Permissions Access not saving

Hi,

I have an issue with an App not saving a additional distribution groups/ individuals added when trying to update.

The actions I took were: 

• I created an App (from a new workspace)
  • In permissions I added a mix of individuals from my organisation and distribution groups (which contain individuals from my organisation) - in total there’s only 5 or 6 - it does not exceed the 100 user or group limit
  • I click publish app and it saves the list of users and distribution groups fine
  • I then go back into the app permissions and added another distribution list and other individuals - I click update App and it appears to save
  • I then go back into the app permissions, but the latest distribution list/ individuals I just added are not saving

Has anyone else come across this issue or know why this is happening/ how to resolve it?

I am aware if you try to give an individual app permission that is already a workspace member then they do not appear in the app permissions as they will already have access. However, in this case it’s a distribution group or individuals that are not workspace members that’s being added.

Thank you for any feedback.

5 REPLIES 5
TrentAssist
Frequent Visitor

@Anonymous Did you ever find out what was causing this?

My team and I are having the exact same problem as you. It's inconsisntent though. Sometimes after 5 or 6 tries it 'sticks' but very rarely on the first time.  

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I would imagine that it should save those users.

How long are you waiting to go back and add additional users?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @GilbertQ,

Thank you for the reply.

It was about a week between adding the first set and second set of users.

Thanks,

Did you ever find a solution to the permissions issue?

That should not be the case and I have not seen that working like that in the past?

Does anyone else have access to the App Workspace that could have made changes.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors