Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gogators
Regular Visitor

App Distribution Best Practices for Large Organization

Hello! I am trying to distribute an app to an extremely large amount of people. 

Our company is currently using a Premium server. 

I want to control access to the app, as only certain people should be able to view. 

Would the best practice for this scenario be creating an Office 365 group?

I tested creating an Office 365 group for app access and got the following result when trying to publish the app after adding the group to the "Access" tab: "The following groups have failed validation"

Perhaps this error will resolve itself in a few hours, but it doesn't look like I am able to add the group currently. 

Thank you! 

3 REPLIES 3
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @gogators,

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @gogators,

Based on my test, it could work on my side:

1.PNG

Is your group a internal group or a external group? And could you please if you have entered the correct group mial address?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@gogators Sharing with groups still needs some overall work to unify across the platform, so it can be a bit confusing. Currently, you would need to share to an Active Directory security group and this would limit the number of people as you expect to only those in that group.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors