Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

johngabbradley
Frequent Visitor

App Created and Shared but Users Can't See Visuals in Report

Hi,

I have created an app workspace in order to package up a report as an App.  I shared the App with a colleague from the link provided in creating the App.  I did not add them to the App Workspace itself, hoping I can keep my users from getting into a developement type environment with unfinished updates.  When the User signs in to Power BI and goes to the App with the link when they click on the report the report starts spinning but all of the visuals are returned with an x in a circle and the following See Details message:  https://imgur.com/5q7j5CE.

Does anyone know if you are required to be a member of the App Workspace in order to view the actual App Report?  I can see the report still but not those I share it with which seems to indicate a permissions issue possibly.  I would love to get some feedback from those who have worked in this part of the service before.

Kind Regards,

JB

3 REPLIES 3
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@johngabbradley,

You need to add you collguage to workspace members so that he/she can see the report in this workspace.
Capture.PNG

Regards,

Charlie Liao

@v-caliao-msft  It looks like I have to add the person as an editor of the report for them to have access to the App.  This seems to really take the whole reason for having apps away as a convenient deployment method.  Can you confirm that the users have to be added as an editor instead of a reader?

Kind Regards,

JB

@v-caliao-msft wrote:

@johngabbradley,

You need to add you collguage to workspace members so that he/she can see the report in this workspace.
Capture.PNG

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi John,

I hope you got this figured out by now. You can publish your app to your whole organization (or just selected folks). But then, they have to go to powerbi.com or office.com> Power BI> Apps > Get Apps. Currently, the user has to request the app. There's not a way currently to push the apps to them.

Thanks!

Fred Kaffenberger

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors