Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mmace1
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Anyone sometimes have a failure when trying to replace a dataset with an updated copy?

This sometimes happens to some/all of my datasets - go to replace the dataset with updated data, and it doens't actually updated anything on powerbi.com.  To clarify: 

When you go to 

Publish > Choose the option to replace the dataset. 

But then when checking the dashboard/report - see the data isn't updated.  Then when going to the Dataset tab on powerbi.com, there's an error symbol next to the offending dataset(s). 

Here's an example of the error code that comes up when clicking the error symbol: 

Cluster URIWABI-WEST-US-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity IDbb9b2d28-2de2-4825-b323-515bfb0878a6
Request ID53f9af42-63ae-4888-9299-1fcb7ff7fd7f
Time2018-03-27 22:09:23Z

Not super useful.  I tried contacting Power BI support, and received this closure to my case: 

Problem Scope  
============= 
Error when refreshing datasets.

Root cause 
========  
NA
  
Resolution 
============  
Get data in PowerBI desktop, refresh than publish  to PowerBI Service.

"NA", lol.  

I have a workaround for when this occurs already - delete the offending dataset(s), then reupload / remake my dashboards.  Bit of a pain, though it works. 

In (self guided) troubleshooting, I tried doing a fresh install of Power BI - it worked!  Until the errors came back again a few weeks later.  Next time reinstalling didn't work.  Then in seperate housecleaning, deleted some unused datasets - then things worked perfectly again!  So, I have no clue. 

But

1.) Has anyone else experienced this? 
2.) Anyone know of any prevenetive measures.  

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mmace1,

If it's possible you don't have enough storage space. If your account is a Pro account, the total storage of all the App workspaces should be no more than 10 GB. Please refer to service-admin-manage-your-data-storage-in-power-bi.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors