Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amalm
Helper III
Helper III

Annoying differences in data between Desktop data and Server Data

I've only started noticing this issue in the past 2-3 days. The following are screenshots of the exact same visual, one in the Desktop and the other in Power BI app downloaded from the Windows store:

Screenshot from the Desktop:

Screenshot from the end user app:

As you can see, columns 2 & 3 are exactly the same, as they should be, but in Columns 1 & 4 there is a difference of 4 hours between the values. Seems like a bug?? Smiley Frustrated

What do I do? 

Additional info: Columns 2&3 are pulled from one table, and Columns 1&4 are from another table.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amalm
Helper III
Helper III

Thank you for your replies. 

I figured out the bug. The column in question was formatted as "Date & Time" whereas the right format to be used was "Date, Time, Timezone". The Desktop application and the online service were interpreting the data differently due to this. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amalm
Helper III
Helper III

Thank you for your replies. 

I figured out the bug. The column in question was formatted as "Date & Time" whereas the right format to be used was "Date, Time, Timezone". The Desktop application and the online service were interpreting the data differently due to this. 

Hi there

I learn something new every day, that is good to know. Thanks for posting it here!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@amalm,

What's the data source? Are the two reports using the same data source? Has anyone refresh the data source before this issue happens?

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Could it be due to the data refresh being at different times?
What I mean is if the data is changing and you refresh your PBIX manually, and in the Power BI Service it has a scheduled refresh then the numbers would always be different?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors