Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

daamruth
Helper II
Helper II

Announcing Connected Excel Tables from Power BI (Public Preview) - you don't have the right permissi

Hi community, 

I just wanted to try out the new Connected Excel tables. I am admin of the workspace, "Allow XMLA endpoints and Analyze in Excel with on-premises datasets" is enabled for the whole org. We are running on P1 and I personally have a Pro license. 

When I try to export data the new feature is greyed out with the following tooltip. 

daamruth_1-1674463094628.png

Any idea what setting I missed? Does this feature work on your side? I tried several reports and datasets. 

Thanks

Daniel  

"you don't have the right permissions to use this feature"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
daamruth
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @Anonymous , 

sorry to hear. I just tried it again and it suddenly works. I haven't touched any settings on our tenant or on the workspaces. It seems to me that the feature took some time to be rolled out by MS.

Keeping my fingers crossed otherwise open a ticket. 

Regards

Daniel  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
daamruth
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @Anonymous , 

sorry to hear. I just tried it again and it suddenly works. I haven't touched any settings on our tenant or on the workspaces. It seems to me that the feature took some time to be rolled out by MS.

Keeping my fingers crossed otherwise open a ticket. 

Regards

Daniel  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@daamruth I have raised a ticket in community

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Connected-Excel-Tables-from-Power-BI-Public-Preview-you-don...

Lets see if anyone has a solution for this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@daamruth Hey, I am also facing the same issue.

I have power bi pro license with admin rights on the workspace where I have publised my reports.

When i check this option it is disabled and saying the message same as you.

Did you find anything on this.

Could you please share if you get anything.

Thanks,

Mohan V.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors