Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Kipple123
Frequent Visitor

Analyze in Excel

Hello,

I'm on the pro trial version of Power BI and would like to analyze some of the reports that I've built in Excel since I need to do some calculations on data from the reports.  However I can't get it to work on any of the computers or accounts within my organization.

If I try to do it from excel it says that I don't have the right permissions, no matter what workspace or report/database I try to connect to.  I'm signed into the same power bi user in power bi desktop, excel, and the web app.

Capture.JPGconnection error.JPG

If I try and do it from app.power bi and do analyze in excel, it downloads an .odc file.  I get this on my computer

from app.jpgfrom app 2.JPG

And if I try on another computer I get this:

from app.jpgapp error 3.png

I feel pretty confident that I have all the right drives and such, and I just can't figure out how to get it to work.  

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I wonder if it is because you are trying to access this from "My Workspace"?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

I get the same error no matter what workspace I select.  I would especially think I have permission to myworkspace though.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors