Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yaman123
Post Patron
Post Patron

Analyze in Excel with end user not working

Hi, 

I have created reports using the Analyze in Excel feature. I have saved these reports into a shared location for the user to access. The user has access to the workspace as a viewer and has a pro license. But when he opens the excel file from the shared location, he is getting the Forbidden Activity ID error and cant refresh the data. 

I thought if i create the reports using analyze in excel then the user with a pro license will be able to view and refresh the excel report regardless of where it is saved? 

Can you please advise further? Is there something i am missing? 

Thanks 

Yasir

3 REPLIES 3
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @yaman123 ,

You need some Excel Updates, you can see the page below when you click the "Analyze in Excel" button.

53.png

Currently, the "Analyze in Excel" feature may require both options(Export data and Analyze in Excel) to be enabled in Admin Portal.

Please also view the requirements in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-analyze-in-excel#requirements  and you can also refer to troubleshooting link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-troubleshooting-analyze-in-excel.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @yaman123 

Can you make sure that in the tentant settings the Analyze in Excel is enabled for the same group of users?

Here are more details on the recent updates: New export settings are available in the Power BI admin portal | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi GilbertQ, 

I have checked the settings in the admin portal and the Allow Live Connections is enable for the entire organisation. Do i need to adjust any settings on the users machine? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors