cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Analyze in Excel on Mac - ODC file doesn't open

Using Power BI online and choosing Analyze in Excel, a file .ODC extension drops to My Downloads on my MacBookPro. However, it doesn't want to open in Excel for Mac. When I change the file to open with Excel, I get a warning that the publisher is not trusted. Any help here? I wish to use Power BI and Analyze in Excel that I have on my Mac without needing to go to Windows machine.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Analyze in Excel on Mac - ODC file doesn't open

Hi there

As far as I know you will require a Windows machine for Analyze in Excel. This is because it actually installs the SSAS Drivers, which are only developed for Windows machines.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

HI @dhooger,

AFAIK, analyze in excel feature requests a excel plug-in, current power bi team seems not develop a mac version so you can't use this feature on mac system.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

ODC file mac excel

Using Power BI online and choosing Analyze in Excel, a file .ODC extension drops to My Downloads on my MacBookPro. However, it doesn't want to open in Excel for Mac. When I change the file to open with Excel, I get a warning that the publisher is not trusted. Any help here? I wish to use Power BI and Analyze in Excel that I have on my Mac without needing to go to Windows machine.

Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Hi there

As far as I know you will require a Windows machine for Analyze in Excel. This is because it actually installs the SSAS Drivers, which are only developed for Windows machines.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

HI @dhooger,

AFAIK, analyze in excel feature requests a excel plug-in, current power bi team seems not develop a mac version so you can't use this feature on mac system.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events

Wondering what events you could join or have an event to promote yourself? Check out our Upcoming Events.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

We are thrilled to announce we will begin running a monthly webinar series named Power BI Dev Camp.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors