cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhooger
Helper I
Helper I

Analyze in Excel on Mac - ODC file doesn't open

Using Power BI online and choosing Analyze in Excel, a file .ODC extension drops to My Downloads on my MacBookPro. However, it doesn't want to open in Excel for Mac. When I change the file to open with Excel, I get a warning that the publisher is not trusted. Any help here? I wish to use Power BI and Analyze in Excel that I have on my Mac without needing to go to Windows machine.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

As far as I know you will require a Windows machine for Analyze in Excel. This is because it actually installs the SSAS Drivers, which are only developed for Windows machines.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @dhooger,

AFAIK, analyze in excel feature requests a excel plug-in, current power bi team seems not develop a mac version so you can't use this feature on mac system.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

3 REPLIES 3
dhooger
Helper I
Helper I

Using Power BI online and choosing Analyze in Excel, a file .ODC extension drops to My Downloads on my MacBookPro. However, it doesn't want to open in Excel for Mac. When I change the file to open with Excel, I get a warning that the publisher is not trusted. Any help here? I wish to use Power BI and Analyze in Excel that I have on my Mac without needing to go to Windows machine.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @dhooger,

AFAIK, analyze in excel feature requests a excel plug-in, current power bi team seems not develop a mac version so you can't use this feature on mac system.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

As far as I know you will require a Windows machine for Analyze in Excel. This is because it actually installs the SSAS Drivers, which are only developed for Windows machines.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power BI October Update 2021.jpg

Power BI Release

Click here to read more about the October 2021 Release!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Teds Dev Camp Oct. 2021 768x460.jpg

Power BI Dev Camp - October 28th, 2021

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!