Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Martin_How
Frequent Visitor

Analyze in Excel - issue with data pivottable drilltrough

Hi guys, 

So I have made some datasets in PBI and they were published to the workspaces in the PBI service. Then I did the Analyze in Excel and I made some pivottable reports that are connected to these datasets. So far so good. 

Now if I drillthrough (doubleclick) on let's say the grand total of the pivottable, Excel opens a new sheet that contains the "raw data" of that total (more or less, because of the measure used in the pivottable was distinctcount, then it allso includes the doubles in the "raw data"). 

Problem is that the "Raw data" doesn't seem to include the columns that I used to build the relationships in the original dataset. 

Is this a know issue in Excel/Analyze in Excel ? 

Can I solve this with an option somewhere ? 

Kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Martin_How
Frequent Visitor

Ok gues I found a post on Stackoverflow from 2017 that solved it...

just insert a calculated column that duplicates the column used in a relationship. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Martin_How
Frequent Visitor

Ok gues I found a post on Stackoverflow from 2017 that solved it...

just insert a calculated column that duplicates the column used in a relationship. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors