Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dobregon
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Analyze in Excel doesn't run for my clients

Hi guys,

I want to share an analyze in excel file (coming from a dataset) for several people in order they can perform their own pivot and refresh de info. I have enabled the export data, export excel and analyze in excel for "entire organization".

The problem is that people in my domain can open the excel and refresh the data but other people that are not in my domain can refresh the excel, they receive and error about forbidden.

The external people are incluide in my azure active directory as a guest and source "External Azure Active Directory" and I can share the reports, dahsboards, etc with them. the problem is that they can't refresh the Analyze in Excel files and receive the forbidden error.

the problem is in the "enabled" to entire organization? in my opinion as they are in the azure active directory they are part of my organization, and it runs because they can export data from the visuals so, i'm not sure that it is the problem.

Can someone help my on this?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
dobregon
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

We have talked with Microsoft team and they said that the analyze in excel is not enabled for guest users in the azure active directory. There is an PowerBI Idea to this, can you vote this? it is very important.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=096882c1-bc67-4027-b3dd-c27cf2185c07

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)

View solution in original post

What we have had to do, is to create local Power BI user accounts in AAD in order for this to work.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
dobregon
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I have seen in a link that it is not opssible to share the analyze in excel with guest users
https://docs.microsoft.com/es-es/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-analyze-in-excel

analyzeinexcel.png

if it is true.. how do you do to share the analyze in excel with the client? Normally if it is a consultory company, the client is an guest in the active directory.

Regards

dobregon
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

We have talked with Microsoft team and they said that the analyze in excel is not enabled for guest users in the azure active directory. There is an PowerBI Idea to this, can you vote this? it is very important.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=096882c1-bc67-4027-b3dd-c27cf2185c07

What we have had to do, is to create local Power BI user accounts in AAD in order for this to work.

Power BI Blog

dobregon
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@GilbertQ thanks for the reply, we have tried to convert the guest users as members in the AAD but it not runs. The solution to create and pay individual users for each people... is not the best solution

Yeah I agree it is not the best solution, but at least there is one!

Power BI Blog

dobregon
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@GilbertQ yep, finally i will do that, but it is not a good solutions for us. Could you vote to the idea that i posted some comments above? Thanks!

Thanks for the update and I will vote it for sure.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors