Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

clem312
Resolver I
Resolver I

Analyze in Excel does not export links between tables

Hi evryone,

I have tried to export My Power BI report from online service with Analyze in Excel. 

But when I get the data in my Excel sheet, the links between tables don't exist anymore.

Is that standard use ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

All relationships and measures would also work in [analyse in Excel] if you are not getting the correct filtering behaviour then I would check those relationships in the model.

You can also test by creating a report against the same model in the service.

I would validate that these relationships are correct

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
clem312
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi Mike,

I have a table for the products, a table for the products category, a table for Date, a table for sales, etc.

There are all linked.

When I use [Analyse in excel] and try to make a report for the sales amount of oranges sold in 2020, it does not work. The amount I get is the amout of all sales for all categories and all products.

It seems to have a connexion to the dataset but does not respect the JOIN between tables.

Am I right ?

All relationships and measures would also work in [analyse in Excel] if you are not getting the correct filtering behaviour then I would check those relationships in the model.

You can also test by creating a report against the same model in the service.

I would validate that these relationships are correct

Hi

[Export Data] and [Analyse in excel] are two separate functions. When you export data you will get a static export of the data that is currently in the visual (such as a table) this data will not change if you make any changes to your report. [Analyse in excel] creates a live pivot table connection to your Power BI model that allows uses to create reports in excel but is completely disconnected from the Power BI report(it does have a connection to the same dataset). 

You will need to recreate the table/report in excel, applying the same fields, measures, and, filters.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors