Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ahmedmalam

Analyze in Excel - No Data Fields in OLAP Cube

Dear Experts,

I have shared one of the published report to one of our collegue. The problem is when I exported the data in Excel it shows me the Pivot Table/Chart but if the same person wants to export the data into Excel it's allow but with the underneath message.

I really don't know how to fix it.

olap.PNG

Best Regards,

Ahmed Alam

4 REPLIES 4
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ahmedmalam

Is the person you share reports with and happens to this error a pro user of your organization?

I can't reproduce your problem.Could you check the following links and give more information ?

Reference:

troubleshooting-analyze-in-excel

If you encounter an error that states Can't find OLAP cube model, then the dataset you're trying to access has no data model, and therefore cannot be analyzed in Excel.

Analyze in Excel - No Data Fields in Olap Cube

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-analyze-in-excel

Best Regards

maggie

thanks. In my case measures were missing due to this I was not able to bring cube to excel by using c# code. After adding a dummy measure It started working.

Dear,

No he is not the pro user of the organization, I have tried another work around. Created one workspace and add him with the required report and Dataset. Still the problem is same.

Is it necessary to have Pro User to do so?

Best Regards,

Ahmed Alam

Hi @ahmedmalam

Yes, it is necessary to have a pro power bi so that you could add him to the workplace.

A pro account is necessary for both analyzing in excel and adding member to a workplace except you have power bi premium and add users in.

Best Regards

maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors