Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jcapezzuto
Resolver I
Resolver I

Analyze In Excel - Relationships not working

I have two tables in a model with a single direction one-to-many relationship.   When using the Analyze in Excel feature the tables act as if there is no relationship between them.  Filtering does not work, values from both tables in the same pivot table cause Cartsesion results etc.  Is there a setting needed that I'm missing or is this a defect?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jcapezzuto
Resolver I
Resolver I

Just realized that I didn't have any measures in the pivot table (which behaves differently than not having any measures in a Power BI table).  It works correctly with measures.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue with Analyze in excel, 

the above links are not working someone please help. 

I have my power bi on the web, when I run analyze in excel it all fine and working but when I try to Analyze in the pivot on excel, the filters are working it showing the entire datasheet. 

eg: when I try to select the list of SKUs under a category, it shows all the products in the data. 

How can I solve this, How can have the same relationship as power bi on excel? 

Please Help!!@

jcapezzuto
Resolver I
Resolver I

Just realized that I didn't have any measures in the pivot table (which behaves differently than not having any measures in a Power BI table).  It works correctly with measures.

Can you elaborate on this.  I'm not getting the relationships setup in PowerBI to work in the Analyze in Excel.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem.. relationships are not working??

link is broken...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors