Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JulienZH
Helper I
Helper I

Analyse in Excel drillthrough not working (returns 1)

Hi, I have a Excel pivot table connected to a Power BI dataset. When double clicking on a value, I always get .... 1. See screenshot. How come? Changing max rows to 1000000 doesn't change the result.

JulienZH_1-1662478894087.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I just figured it out, at least in my case.  If you organize measures into a disconnected table in the dataset, then the drillthrough will not work in Excel.  If you move the measure to the table it was based off of then it will work.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
sapientcompany
Advocate II
Advocate II

Did you ever figure this out?  I am having same issue.

Unfortunately no, that remained a mystery ... ;(

I just figured it out, at least in my case.  If you organize measures into a disconnected table in the dataset, then the drillthrough will not work in Excel.  If you move the measure to the table it was based off of then it will work.

Oh, good to know! I indeed have a measure table. Thanks 🙂

I believe this is a bug.  Where the measure is organized should have no effect on the actual expression.

JulienZH
Helper I
Helper I

There's definitely more than one row, that's for sure.

Shahfaisal
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

For the cell you doub-clicked on, maybe there is only one row in the data model. Can you verify that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors