cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mark_endicott
Helper I
Helper I

An incompatible filter is used on a column with a parameter mapping.

Hello, 

I set up a Dynamic M Query Parameter and bound it to a field in one of my dimensions. Since doing this I received the following error on some of my visuals: "An incompatible filter is used on a column with a parameter mapping." The filter is a TopN. - I did not see any warning for this in the MS Documentation. 

I am still getting this error after I have:

1) Un-bound the parameter from the column, published & fully processed the table using the XMLA endpoint

2) Deleted the parameter published & fully processed the table using the XMLA endpoint

So there must be some metadata attached to the column that I cannot see, nor remove. 

Is there any way to fix this, without deleting the column and adding it to the dimension again?

Is this a bug that MS should be aware of?

Thanks, 

Mark

2 REPLIES 2
v-polly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mark_endicott ,

I cannot reproduce the error. Could you please provide more details? At what point did this error occur? After you wet th parameters? What is the type of the parameters?

We suggest you to open a ticket here for help if you are a pro user: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

support ticket.gif

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-polly-msft it is a text parameter created in Power Query.

I used "Bind to parameter" on a column to create a Dynamic M Query parameter according to your documentation. Except I used a column that had a TopN filter set up on the filter pane. When I published the data model to the server the error "An incompatible filter is used on a column with a parameter mapping." appeard. 

So I then went back to the column and set "Bind to Parameter" to none and republished the model, I still receive the same error. 

So I then went back to power query and deleted the parameter and republished the mode, I still receive the same error. 

I have looked at your Support page, and there is no suitable category to raise this issue. Please can you suggest one.

Thanks, 

Mark

Helpful resources

Announcements
November 2022 Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2022 updates!

Microsoft 365 Conference â__ December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference - 06-08 December

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power BI Dev Camp Session 27

Ted's Dev Camp

This session walks through creating a new Azure AD B2C tenant and configuring it with user flows and custom policies.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors