cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mstefancik Member

Alternate windows credentials for odata source

Hello I have created reports based on odata datasource. I am using alternate windows credentials to connect to this datasource in powerbi desktop. Everything works fine and reportse have been created.

Next, I published reports to powerbi service and want to set up refresh period of datasource.

In the data sets settings tab I see warning that I have to enter credentials:

error.PNG

So, I want to edit credentials. As I stated earlier, I am using alternate windows credentials to sign in into data source and I want to use them to sign in and refresh data source.

err2.PNG

But when I choose Windows authentication method as Windows, there is no possibility to change credentials to alteernate.

Could anybody advise me how to refresh datasource using alternate windows credentials?

Thx

4 REPLIES 4
mstefancik Member

Re: Alternate windows credentials for odata source

tadawID Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Same situation in my case... only Windows available as credentials option. Strangely enough my Personal Gateway claims being online, but at the same time my 'Data Gateway' settings says 'You don't have any data gateways.'

2016-10-17_11h25_08.png

jimmygo03 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I have same issue that Power BI Service does not provide fields to enter alternate window credential and this prevents me from refreshing my dataset.

jimmygo03 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I have same issue that Power BI Service does not provide fields to enter alternate window credential and this prevents me from refreshing my dataset.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 292 members 3,012 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: