Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mstefancik
Advocate II
Advocate II

Alternate windows credentials for odata source

Hello I have created reports based on odata datasource. I am using alternate windows credentials to connect to this datasource in powerbi desktop. Everything works fine and reportse have been created.

Next, I published reports to powerbi service and want to set up refresh period of datasource.

In the data sets settings tab I see warning that I have to enter credentials:

error.PNG

So, I want to edit credentials. As I stated earlier, I am using alternate windows credentials to sign in into data source and I want to use them to sign in and refresh data source.

err2.PNG

But when I choose Windows authentication method as Windows, there is no possibility to change credentials to alteernate.

Could anybody advise me how to refresh datasource using alternate windows credentials?

Thx

4 REPLIES 4
jimmygo03

I have same issue that Power BI Service does not provide fields to enter alternate window credential and this prevents me from refreshing my dataset.

jimmygo03

I have same issue that Power BI Service does not provide fields to enter alternate window credential and this prevents me from refreshing my dataset.

mstefancik
Advocate II
Advocate II

Same situation in my case... only Windows available as credentials option. Strangely enough my Personal Gateway claims being online, but at the same time my 'Data Gateway' settings says 'You don't have any data gateways.'

2016-10-17_11h25_08.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors