Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Janey
Frequent Visitor

Allow users to share with filters and slicers applied

I created reports in the published app workspace and a senior manager has asked if they add filters to the report and want to share with their colleagues how do they share with the filters applied?

Please note the users only use the published app workspace. They have been using the export to Power Point functionality a lot and want to be able to add a link to the report to increase engagement but the link does not include the slicers and filters which they were viewing on. Please let me know if there is a good solution for this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

I actually found a solution and wanted to let you know what it is. To share report with filters if I use chat in teams this gives me a URL link which when shared applies the filters I have selected

Janey_1-1622114333381.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Megha166
Employee
Employee

Check this link for more details on bookmarks in Service.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-bookmarks

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution and give it a thumbs up.

Hi Megan, 

Thank you for your reply. I am trying to figure out how to access share permission. I am creating the reporting and publishing but I cannot seem to find the sharing permissions section. I have also looked up on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-share-dashboards 

Is there an easy way to see what permissions are available please? 

Hi, @Janey 

I'm afraid there is no better way to view permissions.

As of now, the report/dashboard is shared by creating a specific link URL working for specific user group.So if you want edit permissions,you need to edit the link URL first.

You can also check the  permission in  PowerBI Datasets -> Manage permissions ->Report->links->click link to edit.

47.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Hi Megan,

I actually found a solution and wanted to let you know what it is. To share report with filters if I use chat in teams this gives me a URL link which when shared applies the filters I have selected

Janey_0-1622114216362.png

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Janey ,

from my point of view the best is if you would add this as a book so that all the users would able to access that filter combination.

Would that be an option?

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Hi,

Janey_1-1622114333381.png

Thank you for your reply unfortunately this will not be a solution as the report is global and the specific filters the manager wants to share will also differ depending on who they are sharing with. I am using hidden menu linked with bookmark to select filters and there are quite a lot of different combinations to filter

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors