Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fluger
Frequent Visitor

Allow external users to share reports

Hi!

I'm having problems with allowing an external user to share a report to other users at his company. I've set up a shared workspace where I Allow external guest users to edit and manage content in the organization, which works great. My guest is able to access the workspace and create reports based on the datasets in it. 

The problem is when he in turn tries to share the report with his collegues. When he does the recieves an "Permissions required" error, even though he is a workspace admin.

I've ensured that the "Guests can invite" setting is enabled in Azure AD External collaboration settings.

Is there some setting I'm missing, or how do I enable my guest to share the reports from the workspace with his collegues?

5 REPLIES 5
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fluger ,

Please try to invite his colleague to become a guest user before sharing.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

He is still unable to share the report with the newly created user.

Hi @fluger ,

Did you set the 'Guest users permissions are limited' option?

mn10.PNG

Azure AD B2B Guest users can now edit and manage content in Power BI to collaborate better across or... 

And your guest user's colleagues still need to be invited as your tenant's guest user.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

That's probably it!

I wont be able to use the solution though, as that would reveal too much information about other customer-users in our tenant and I'm guessing there is no way to do this without a dropdown-list which lists all avaliable accounts...

Hi @fluger ,

The 'No' setting means guest user have the same access to directory data that regular users have in your directory. 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors