cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StephenMEMC
Frequent Visitor

Allow Users to do Manual Refresh

It's becoming pretty clear to me that scheduled refresh is not going to be a good option for us. We have a beast of a SQL server but scheduling 36 data refreshes is putting it on its knees. Too many bugs in the Data Gateway.

My question is simply this - shouldn't I be able to disable the scheduled refresh (already done) and allow the user of the report / dataset to trigger a refresh manually, when they are viewing their report? If so, how is that done?

5 REPLIES 5
Microsoft v-cherch-msft
Microsoft

Re: Allow Users to do Manual Refresh

Hi @StephenMEMC 

You may go to 'Settings'->'Datasets' to turn off the schedule refresh.

1.png

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
StephenMEMC
Frequent Visitor

Hello @v-cherch-msft ,

Yes, I've already done that. The more important point here is can I allow the users to trigger a dataset refresh manually/on-demand?

Microsoft v-cherch-msft
Microsoft

Hi @StephenMEMC 

I would suggest when you set up the Data Source in the Data Gateway, you would need to add them into the Users List for each Data Source that is linked to your datasets.Please have a look at below article.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-manage

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
StephenMEMC
Frequent Visitor

Hello @v-cherch-msft,

As a test, I added a user to our gateway. When I log in as that user, he still has no ability to trigger a manual refresh of any of his datasets.

Stephen

Highlighted
StephenMEMC
Frequent Visitor

Hello @v-cherch-msft,

This issue has come up again and I need to see if I can get a resolution. I know it's been a little while since we corresponded. Is there anything we can do to get this working? 

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Top Kudoed Authors