Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Allow Azure Active Directory guest users to access Power BI Enabled for the entire organization

Allow Azure Active Directory guest users to access Power BI

Did this tenant setting come into admin portal enabled by default? I've checked my audit logs and I don't see any activity enabling this...

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interestingly enough, Microsoft was able to reproduce my issue. 

Would any one here with the Power BI Administrator role confirm if they are reproduce? 

Steps to reprodue:

1. Enable 'Allow Azure Active Directory guest users to access Power BI'
  2. Check on  'Updated organization's Power BI Settings' Audit Logs
  3. Confirm if you are able to see the activity for the 'Allow Azure Active Directory guest users to access Power BI' you had just enabled. 

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

We need a bit more information to help you out here.  Is this a Report Server?  Is this Premium alone?  Is this for one individual person's license?  Is this for an O365 tenant that does not have Premium or Server but has a number of users?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @collinq - this is a Power BI Tenant Setting

Not a report server. Nor a setting specific to premium capacity.  It's the first option in Export and sharing settings.

siopow_0-1616520892366.png

We have the same experience - even though this is Enabled (and have been for many months) we cannot get the Guest users to see any content under "From External Orgs" in iether the web-app or mobile-app.

Furthermore, we got this yellow box shown, which I'm not certain how we should understand - is it feature-description or a real notification/telling that for this tenant guest users wont have access to content even though it's shared and they got permissions!? Would be very strange though, since this is actually the only thing this feature/switch should allow.

hakio_0-1706096134219.png

Ok @Anonymous ,

I think I understand now - that setting is DISabled by default.  That setting applies to users with UserType set to Guest in Azure AD.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

yea, that's the odd thing.. I remember seeing this disabled previously but i am seeing this enabled now.

I've checked on the Audit Logs, 'Updated organization's Power BI Settings' and I do not see any activity applying this change...

siopow_0-1616590337399.png

Hey @Anonymous ,

That is odd -  I wonder if you can get some information from Microsoft as to when/how that was changed?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors