Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

All workspaces have moved to Premium Capacity

Hi All,

All of sudden, all our workspaces are now showing on Premium capacity including Personal Workspaces, Classic Workspaces and new Workspace. 

We have a premiump capacity but not all workspaces were put on dedicated capacity. 

Till 12th Nov things were fine but from 13th Nov all Workspaces were on premium capacity on its own. This detail is from the Premium Capacity Assessment report which we run and generate metadata for workspaces, audit records etc. 

If you see below screeshot, all Personal WS, Groups (Classic WS) & New workspaces are now in Premium Cap

PremCap WS 12Nov vs 13Nov.png

Appreciate help on this !!

5 REPLIES 5
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it. Or you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your problem.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rico, 

My question is not on "how to assign workspaces to Premium capacity".

We faced an issue where all our workspaces (including Personal) were automatically assigned to premium capacity. Hence the question was is this due to some glitch or faced by others. 

Nevermind, my tenant admin has opened a support case with Microsoft pBi support team.

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Please contact to capacity Admins, as well as Global Administrators or Power BI service administrators who can bulk assign workspaces in the Power BI Admin portal to check the selection to bulk assign worksapce.

If you select The entire organization's workspaces , all workspaces, including personal workspaces, are assigned to the Premium capacity. All current and future users are assigned workspace assignment permissions. 

You may refer to this blog for more details: Manage Microsoft Power BI Premium capacities - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

the mentioned blog link is not working. can you pls provide a valid url?

Is this bulk upgrade option available on Admin Portal? I checked with Tenant Admin and they confirmed nothing was done from there end. 

Can it be some glitch from Microsoft end which upgraded all workspaces to Premium on its own?

Hi @Anonymous 

Sorry for the wrong url, and I have updated it to the correct one.

Workspaces can be assigned to a Premium capacity in the Power BI Admin portal or, for a workspace, in the Workspace pane. 

You may refer to this blog for more details: Manage Microsoft Power BI Premium capacities - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors