Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nathalie

All values not visible in Report Filters

Hi,

When interaction with one of our Power BI reports I noticed that not all values are visible in the Report Filter Pane, in the right panel. For example we have a report filter with all our suppliers, but I can't scroll down further then suppliers starting with D.

I have to go into the advanced filter pane. Is there a limitation on number of items in a report filter?

Sincerly Nathalie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

Unfortunately, it limits the items visible. If you use advanced filter you only have two fields. I work around thisshortcoming by adding a slicer to the report on fields where I need to filter by more than two choices. Using CTRL+Click I am able to select as many as I want in the slicer.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pascal_Boone

Hi Nathalie,

As a workaround to Filters - if you like to investigate a value in a table you can use the Text Filter under Visualizations. This one will filter all values.

The Text Filter is not a standard visual but you can easily add it by going to 'Add more visuals'- the symbol is that of a magnifier.

Kind regards,

Pascal

nsiddall
Frequent Visitor

Not sure this can be marked as solved??

The issue still remains even though there is a work around - I have a filter which goes into 100s - there is no way of slicing this into smaller chunks - The PBI devs need to look at this again...

Cheers

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

Unfortunately, it limits the items visible. If you use advanced filter you only have two fields. I work around thisshortcoming by adding a slicer to the report on fields where I need to filter by more than two choices. Using CTRL+Click I am able to select as many as I want in the slicer.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors