Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

All refreshes suddenly failing, same useless error message

Starting overnight all my scheduled refreshes have been failing. Manual refreshes also fail. I can refresh from the desktop app, and I can republish with no trouble. Seven datasets have failed so far. They all give the same error message in the refresh history: "Exception of type 'Microsoft.DataProxy.Exceptions.HybridException' was thrown." The only other thread I can find on here asking about that error message never came to any conclusion about what caused it. So that's...super helpful.

All of these datasets have previously successfully refreshed at least once since the last time I published them. Most of them were published months ago and refresh multiple times per day, so there's nothing new that should cause this. My gateway is online and visible from the service.

Edit: apparently there is a known issue causing this. It's on the Power BI support site, even though nobody has bothered to put up a service health announcement on Office 365, which is also super helpful. Nevermind, I apparently can't read. That's Northern Europe. I'm in North America. So this is still a mystery.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Seth_C_Bauer Yeah I just found my way to the support site a moment ago and saw that. And I glossed right over and read that as North America, not Northern Europe. I'm in Ohio, so that does not apply to me after all. But I did forget about the Issues forum. I'll go post something there. Thanks.

Edit: this issue has not actually been solved but I'm marking it solved because I've posted it to the Issues forum instead and don't want updates coming in two different places.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@KHorseman I'm not going to be able to offer anything of substantive value to resolve your issues directly. But I will point out a couple things to hopefully help. (caveat: you may know this already as you are a pretty active user)

Direct Support routes have been changed, either log the issue directly via Office 365 support (if you have this), otherwise use the Issues forum - this is monitored pretty actively. 

There is also header on the support site that references a refresh issue that is known and being worked on, but is specific to Northern Europe. - I don't know if this fits your geographic area...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer Yeah I just found my way to the support site a moment ago and saw that. And I glossed right over and read that as North America, not Northern Europe. I'm in Ohio, so that does not apply to me after all. But I did forget about the Issues forum. I'll go post something there. Thanks.

Edit: this issue has not actually been solved but I'm marking it solved because I've posted it to the Issues forum instead and don't want updates coming in two different places.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors