Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

All Refreshes Failing

Starting overnight all my scheduled refreshes have been failing. Manual refreshes from the service also fail. I can refresh from the desktop app, and I can republish with no trouble. Seven datasets have failed so far. They all give the same error message in the refresh history: "Exception of type 'Microsoft.DataProxy.Exceptions.HybridException' was thrown." The only other thread I can find on here asking about that error message never came to any conclusion about what caused it. So that's...super helpful.

All of these datasets have previously successfully refreshed at least once since the last time I published them. Most of them were published months ago and refresh multiple times per day, so there's nothing new that should cause this. My gateway is online and visible from the service.

I see that there is a known issue in Nothern Europe causing refreshes to fail, but I am in the eastern United States, so either this is a different problem, or that problem is not limited to Europe.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

Confirmed, everything is working again. Thanks.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem. Non of the refresh options is working:

Power BI desktop: When I click "Refresh now", it seems to start refreshing but the process is immediatly stoped and the changes in my data is actually not refreshed

Power BI online, I get the following message:

Data source type
Processing errorCannot decrypt the credential for data source NewPbiDataSource_c227b762-f966-48b9-8bef-30d09a6f3bce. The detailed error message is The credential and/or settings for the data source <ID:c227b762-f966-48b9-8bef-30d09a6f3bce> has been corrupted. This could be caused by reinstallation of the gateway, or the encryption key/certificate for current gateway has been changed. You may need to provide the credentials for the data source again using the portal.
Cluster URIWABI-EUROPE-NORTH-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity IDef7e087a-a9f1-465c-9f53-d38048753bf7
Request IDf5bb48fb-16e2-14cf-28a3-402eed2ffe43
Time2017-02-15 23:59:55Z

Any ideas?

Thanks
Bahar
Regular Visitor

I have a same Issue!

and it is not fixed yet for me!

any Ideas? 

TNX

KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

Confirmed, everything is working again. Thanks.

All refreshes are working now.

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@KHorseman

This issue has already been fixed on 11/18/2016.

Best Regards,

Herbert

tsapat
Advocate I
Advocate I

Changed the "logon as" account of the "On-premises data gateway service" to "Local System". I restarted the service and restored the existing Gateway. Seems to be working fine. I still cannot figure out what the problem is, the gateway was running fine with the default "PBIEGWService" account.

Any ideas?

KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

My datasets all refreshed successfully once last night. I don't know if that means the problem has been entirely fixed, or if it's still going to be an intermittent problem.

tsapat
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same here, in Northern Europe. The message is "DM_GWPipeline_Client_GatewayUnreachable".

Our on-premises gateway was accessible for the last few days. This is going on intermittently for about a week and it is causing a serious problem with users.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors