Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ML222
Frequent Visitor

Alignment for Personalized Visuals

Hi,

I have personalized visuals enabled for my reports. When a user adds an additional column, the column header is defaulted to left aligned, which does not match the rest of the table which is center aligned.

I can't see a way to change this. Does anyone know if it is possible to change the alignment of Personalised Visuals in Power BI Service?

Thanks,

Max

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @ML222 

When I use personalised visualizations, it appears to use the formatting of the "Column Headers" rather than the "Specific column" formatting of the rightmost column.

So in my example here, "2019 Sales" is formatted by setting "Column Headers" to centered in Power BI Desktop, but "2018 Sales" is formatted by setting "Specific Column" to right-justified ("apply to header" turned on).

Burningsuit_0-1667298750561.png

Then , when I add a personalized column in Service the new column "All Wines" header is centered (like the "Column Headers") rather than following the rightmost column (Like "Specific column").

Burningsuit_1-1667298858844.png

So, it seems that there is no way to adjust the column settings in Personalized visuals, but they pick up the formatting that has been applied, but it depends how you apply the formatting in Desktop.

Hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @ML222 

When I use personalised visualizations, it appears to use the formatting of the "Column Headers" rather than the "Specific column" formatting of the rightmost column.

So in my example here, "2019 Sales" is formatted by setting "Column Headers" to centered in Power BI Desktop, but "2018 Sales" is formatted by setting "Specific Column" to right-justified ("apply to header" turned on).

Burningsuit_0-1667298750561.png

Then , when I add a personalized column in Service the new column "All Wines" header is centered (like the "Column Headers") rather than following the rightmost column (Like "Specific column").

Burningsuit_1-1667298858844.png

So, it seems that there is no way to adjust the column settings in Personalized visuals, but they pick up the formatting that has been applied, but it depends how you apply the formatting in Desktop.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Thank you!

That is what is happening. I had some columns that had specific column alignment at the end and this was making the new fields look like they weren't matching!

v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ML222 ,

Please try upgrading Power BI Desktop to the latest version.Then, select the visual and search for [alignment] in [Format] to set it according to your needs.

You can refer to the following documents that may be helpful to you:

Let users personalize visuals in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Solved: Custom Visual Text Alignment Formatting Option - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: matrix visual value alignment - Microsoft Power BI Community

Picture1.png

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hi Neeko,

This is related to personalized visuals. My table already has formatting applied, but when users personalise the visual and add additional fields, it does not respect the alignment formatting of the rest of the table.

Hi @ML222 ,

That might be what you meant? Please try setting the position.

vtangjiemsft_0-1667293614938.pngvtangjiemsft_1-1667293634503.png

If that doesn't help, please provide a simplified PBIX file and expected output, pay attention to protect private data, thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors