Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jneks

Alerts not sent to alternate email address

Hello,

We have set up alerting on our Power BI reports. Alerts are sent properly to primary email address.

But for one of our worksapces/datasets (I am not familiar what is the correct terminology) we would like the email to be directed to our Helpdesk mailbox so that it will automatically create a ticket.

So we found this article which describes that alerts can be sent to alternate email address (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-admin-alternate-email-address-for-power-bi...).

But this does not work. Email is still sent to primary address - but not alternate address.

Anybody has got input on this? Should it work at all? Anything we might have forgotten? Power BI is failry new to us..

Regards,

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@jneks I haven't tried the below change. But I do know that you can tie alerts into a Microsoft Flow and email that to whoever you want. Here is the blog that outlines how to connect to an alert (really easy) then you can just use an outlook task to email any group of people you want.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jneks

Thank you very much both. Seems like this is the way to go.

Which means that the article I linked to, which seems to be a part of "Power BI Documentation" actually does not work 🙂

Hi @jneks,

"Power BI Documentation" actually does not work means when you use the microsoft flow, your email still does not receive the alert?

Best Regards,
Angelia

No.. I mean this article: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-admin-alternate-email-address-for-power-bi...

The header of this article says "Power BI Documentation" - which would (at least to me) indicate that this is something that should work.

But using Flow is good enough for me, so I am happy.

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jneks,

Please follow the blog @Seth_C_Bauer posted, and post the feedback if you have any other issue. There is also a similar thread you can refer to.

Best Regards,
Angelia

@jneks I haven't tried the below change. But I do know that you can tie alerts into a Microsoft Flow and email that to whoever you want. Here is the blog that outlines how to connect to an alert (really easy) then you can just use an outlook task to email any group of people you want.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors