Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

stucw

Alert worked once when initially set up but hasn't triggered since

Hey all,

I've set up a really simple alert to trigger when we have any many maintenance jobs open for more than 30 days. I've got a tile in a dashboard that shows how many of these jobs we have, and the alert is set to trigger if the value is above 0.

The alert triggered without an issue when I first set it up, but it hasn't triggered since even though it should have. As you can see in this screenshot, the tile has a value of 1, the alert is set to trigger when the value is above 0, but nothing happens?

Alert 1.PNG

I had linked this to a Microsoft Flow which also triggered properly when first set up, but not since:

Alert 2.PNG

Any ideas why this wouldn't be working?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This is embarassing, sorry all. Turns out the data wasn't refreshing, I was looking at the wrong source. So that explains why it wasn't working!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

How often does the data get refreshed?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

The data is refreshed multiple times a day.

The alert then should work

The question that I have is does the value ever change from 1?

Power BI Blog

This is embarassing, sorry all. Turns out the data wasn't refreshing, I was looking at the wrong source. So that explains why it wasn't working!

No worries, glad you found the source of the issue and got it working!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @GilbertQ , 

Reading the problem mentioned above I have the same problem with some alert that are not triggered and I do not know why. Basically the context is the following: I created a report which includes some cards displaying KPIs. Then, I pinned the KPIs in a dashboard to created alerts for all the KPIS. After that, I created an alert by card and then a flow by alert in power automate. 

The dataset is updated once a week, and the alerts are set up once every 24 hours. The problem is when the dataset is refreshed the alert for all KPIs should be triggered but is not working as expected for all the alerts.. in some cases the alert is triggered in other is not. And those which are not working properly are not the same every time.

Then, there is another case where the tile value is not changing after refreshing the dataset, in this situation the alert is not triggered anyway, so I used to delete the dataset and update the report with values=0 and the refresh it again with the correct values.

Do you know why it is not working or if there is a bug in the system?

Hi there

This should be working and it works for me almost all of the time.

What if you had to set the Alerts every hour?

Even though you refreshing the report once a week that possibly could pick it up after the refreshed dataset

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors