Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AssistlogSI
Frequent Visitor

Alert triggered even though the data hasn't changed

Hi everyone,

I have set up several alerts in Power BI on cards, default value is (blank), and when the card reach "1" (=above zero) the alert is triggered (and triggers a flow in Power Automate).

But each time the report is refreshed (at least once a day) the alerts are triggered, even those for which i have already received a notification the day before and whose data hasn't changed.

How can I solved this issue ?

Thanks a lot

3 REPLIES 3
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi  @AssistlogSI 

You could set frequency is "At most every 24 hours" for this alert.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-set-data-alerts#receiving-alerts

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Dear @v-lili6-msft 

Thank you for your rapid response,

I already try this option... Since the report is automatically refreshed everyday, even if I set the notification on "at most every 24h" I receive notification for data that hasn't change..

For this specific data, I can have change in the data at most every 3 weeks. The alert was supposed to indicate us when it is useful to open the report to have a look on the changes.

As the alerts setting within power BI aren't that much developed, I thought maybe it was possible to figure something out within Power Automate (which is used to notify the person concerned by the data that has changed). Do you think Automate could provide a solution ?

Thanks !

hi  @AssistlogSI 

To my knowledge, Alerts only work on refreshed data. When data refreshes, Power BI looks to see if an alert is set for that data. If the data has reached an alert threshold, Power BI triggers an alert. and it will trigger after dataset is refresh and check if it has been triggered in the setting frequency. as a workaround, you may change schemed refresh frequency.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors