Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Yoga
Helper I
Helper I

Alert Questions in Power BI Service

Hi,

I have 2 accounts, DevAcc and UserAcc.

Created newly Dashboards using DevAcc in already available workspace. Updated App to UserAcc. So I am able to see the dashboards in UserAcc. Now setting alerts in DevAcc.

1. Can UserAcc will get the alert? Seems to be not happening.
2. Dev Acc wants to set more alerts so UserAcc can get the notifications. We hope this triggers users to use the reports often.
3. What is the main objectives of Dashboard alerts?
4. User may not go and set alerts. If we get the conditions from user, we want to set alerts on different time. Is this possible?
5. Also wants set one alert need to be executed on multiple days whenever "Today Sales" is above "Average Daily sales" on daily basis. Is there an option to set alerts based on a measure instead of hardcoding the value?
     5.1. If multiple days same alert not works, at least one time in a day, we want to set the same alert. Is there an alternate if alert works only one time?
6. Also in my scenario setting workflow will help? I tried Nexmo workflow to send message to users. Seems to be I have to pay for that. Is there an option to send from Power BI instead of third party?

Thanks,
Yoga

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
henriquesilveir
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@Yoga Hello, 

All Answer below:

1. Can UserAcc will get the alert? Seems to be not happening. - Yes, but you need create per each user, if you want more workflows i suggest you to use MS Flow.

2. Dev Acc wants to set more alerts so UserAcc can get the notifications. We hope this triggers users to use the reports often. - No, the Alerts is for each account, when you create an alert into Dev Acc, only Dev Acc will receive.

3. What is the main objectives of Dashboard alerts? - To Keep you in touch about your priory KPI, example. Productivity are below than 70% alert me. 

4. User may not go and set alerts. If we get the conditions from user, we want to set alerts on different time. Is this possible? - Like i said, the alerts are set for each user and each user can set your time, your frequency and these point to be alerted.

5. Also wants set one alert need to be executed on multiple days whenever "Today Sales" is above "Average Daily sales" on daily basis. Is there an option to set alerts based on a measure instead of hardcoding the value? - Yes, but you need the MS Flow to do this. The alerts you can do only on Pinned visuals.
     5.1. If multiple days same alert not works, at least one time in a day, we want to set the same alert. Is there an alternate if alert works only one time? - You need make sure that your dataset and your workspace till refreshing without fail, because, the visuals will alert you refreshing like your defined, but is important that you don't loose any refresh of dataset.
6. Also in my scenario setting workflow will help? I tried Nexmo workflow to send message to users. Seems to be I have to pay for that. Is there an option to send from Power BI instead of third party? - Microsoft Flow i hope.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Yoga,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
henriquesilveir
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@Yoga Hello, 

All Answer below:

1. Can UserAcc will get the alert? Seems to be not happening. - Yes, but you need create per each user, if you want more workflows i suggest you to use MS Flow.

2. Dev Acc wants to set more alerts so UserAcc can get the notifications. We hope this triggers users to use the reports often. - No, the Alerts is for each account, when you create an alert into Dev Acc, only Dev Acc will receive.

3. What is the main objectives of Dashboard alerts? - To Keep you in touch about your priory KPI, example. Productivity are below than 70% alert me. 

4. User may not go and set alerts. If we get the conditions from user, we want to set alerts on different time. Is this possible? - Like i said, the alerts are set for each user and each user can set your time, your frequency and these point to be alerted.

5. Also wants set one alert need to be executed on multiple days whenever "Today Sales" is above "Average Daily sales" on daily basis. Is there an option to set alerts based on a measure instead of hardcoding the value? - Yes, but you need the MS Flow to do this. The alerts you can do only on Pinned visuals.
     5.1. If multiple days same alert not works, at least one time in a day, we want to set the same alert. Is there an alternate if alert works only one time? - You need make sure that your dataset and your workspace till refreshing without fail, because, the visuals will alert you refreshing like your defined, but is important that you don't loose any refresh of dataset.
6. Also in my scenario setting workflow will help? I tried Nexmo workflow to send message to users. Seems to be I have to pay for that. Is there an option to send from Power BI instead of third party? - Microsoft Flow i hope.

Thanks henriquesilveir for your answers. Mostly I got the answers. But using two measures (Today Sales and Avg Daily sales) to send alert using MS Flow, I have to try later some days.

@Yoga, below two articles, one about standart alerts and other using MS Flow.

Standart Alert: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/pt-br/blog/always-be-in-the-know-new-and-improved-data-driven-alerts/ 

MS Flow: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/pt-br/blog/turn-insight-into-deep-meaningful-action-using-microsoft-fl...

I Hope that will help you! please, let me know if you got a solution or more questions! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors