Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

After publishing, the data display still showing yesterday's status

Hi there,

In Power BI Desktop, I filtered the date column in the table = today and it reflected ok.

However, after publishing to Power BI Service, the date and data still showing yesterday's status.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Rudy 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the date column a dynamic value?  Is it a value being calculated in either a calculated column or via your Power Query code?

If this is the case, this would be calculated on the Power BI web at the time of the data refresh, using the system clock.  Power BI on the web may be hosted in a timezone different from yours.  You may need to adjust your Date/Time calculation in order to account for this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The date column is located in the fact table and I filtered the date = today via Edit Queries.

For example, today's date is 25/5/2018 and it is showing perfectly in Power BI Desktop in which I displayed this date in Multirow Card visualization.

The similar date  did not reflect as of today on the Power BI Service after publishing and it was yet showing 24/5/2018 yesterday's date and data status.

The reason of filtering the date column in the fact table instead of applying system date because the report will refresh daily based on current date and status,we could able to know these data reported for current date and similarly, if it is not refreshing at all. Of course, this also served as reporting date. Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like you have done a good way, and yes when using "Today" it will take the "Today" as per what is on the server.  Work out what the server time is compared to you and add something like  "+ #Duration(0,10,0,0)" to where your "Today" statement is.  It would look something like

Date.From(DateTime.LocalNow() + #Duration(0,10,0,0))

Of course my example assumes the server is 10 hours behind.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors