Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kattlees
Post Patron
Post Patron

Advice on Power BI Gateway Connection

Our IT Department had my power bi gateway installed and working great for a long time. Last month, my windows profile was corrupted and they had to create a new one for me.

Now, the gateway connection doesn't work. I can still open in desktop and update all the reports and upload to power bi online, but the auto schedule refreshes don't work.

I deleted all of the clusters online and have tried to reinstall completely, but keep getting that none of the gateway instances are connected and that the on-premies data gateway version is older than August 2017 even tho IT has updated the version to the latest one.

Any suggestions for us? We have tried everything we can think of. Do I need to delete all of my online datasets and start over and reuplaod them? 

3 REPLIES 3

@kattlees Are you re-installing the (enterprise) gateway with the recovery key? "Deleted all the Clusters"... what does that mean?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

They can't remember the recovery key so no. Starting all over and creating a new Gateway Cluster.

By removing the clusters I mean I logged in online and went to Manage Gateways and then to the right of the cluster name, clicked on the three dots and said remove.

@kattlees At this point you would probably need to either create a services ticket to try to get MSFT to see if they could provide the key, otherwise you will need to re-do everything. From my understanding, there is not other way the datsources that you created in the Service will be able to link to the gateway you install.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors