Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AndreaLee1212
Helper I
Helper I

Advanced AI in Premium per Capacity

Hi everyone,

I trying to get help (as newbie) on this situation:

I have a customer that has Pro license and Premium Per Capacity. He want to use on the report some advanced AI ( text analytics, vision, azure machine learning).

AndreaLee1212_1-1670405935991.png

Is this options of AI Insights only available under a Premium Per user license? With Pro license is the customer he is not going to be able to see these AI insights options available ?

What things get confusing is that on Licensing model Premium Per Capacity describes "acess to insights with Advanced AI...", but " Requires a PRO license for publishing content "

AndreaLee1212_0-1670405203959.png

However PRO on the license specifications do not have marked with a circle Advanced AI , only Premium so that is my confusion on this. 

AndreaLee1212_2-1670406683564.png

Can anyone explain me whatin fact customer needs if it is a PRO or if it is a PPU license or if with PRO and premium per capacity he is able to acess those AI Insights features ?

ANy help on this will be much appreciated.

All the best,

Andrea

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @AndreaLee1212 

To use the AI facilities in Power Query, the users needs either a PPU licence, or be working in a Premium Capacity environment.

When they select AI transformations in Power BI Desktop they will need to authenticate with either a PPU licence, or select a Premium Capacity workspace or embedded instance. This is required before the AI will run on Power BI desktop. Then when publishing the Report it will need to go into a Premium Capacity or PPU workspace in order for the AI to function on refresh of data.

AI transformations are not possible with just a Pro licence, they need some form of Premium licence (PPU, or Premium Capacity, or Power BI A SKU) to work.

Burningsuit_0-1670411966334.png

Hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @AndreaLee1212 

To use the AI facilities in Power Query, the users needs either a PPU licence, or be working in a Premium Capacity environment.

When they select AI transformations in Power BI Desktop they will need to authenticate with either a PPU licence, or select a Premium Capacity workspace or embedded instance. This is required before the AI will run on Power BI desktop. Then when publishing the Report it will need to go into a Premium Capacity or PPU workspace in order for the AI to function on refresh of data.

AI transformations are not possible with just a Pro licence, they need some form of Premium licence (PPU, or Premium Capacity, or Power BI A SKU) to work.

Burningsuit_0-1670411966334.png

Hope this helps

Stuart

Stuart you rock it !

Thanks a lot for your help 🙂 Finally understood very welll these AI features related with Premium and Pro Licenses. 

All the best,

Andrea Lee

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors