Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jockefe
Helper II
Helper II

Admin - view all content in tenant

As a Power BI admin is there a way for me to view all created/published contant (workspace apps, worspaces, dashboards, datasets etc.) in my tenant?

We are using pro licenses

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@jockefe There are high level numbers that cover most of what you are asking for in the "Admin Portal" under the Usage Metrics. If you don't see "Admin Portal" under your settings icon (wheel) then your O365 admin needs to grant you Power BI Admin privlages. Details here

If you need more granular, then there are addiitonal specifics you can dig into in the O365 audit logs, but that is also an extension of those permissions.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

@jockefe The audit logs contain "CreateGroup" and "CreateDashboard", those should get you in the ballpark. Here is a blog by Chuck Sterling where he shows you how to download and use the audit log for reporting.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@jockefe There are high level numbers that cover most of what you are asking for in the "Admin Portal" under the Usage Metrics. If you don't see "Admin Portal" under your settings icon (wheel) then your O365 admin needs to grant you Power BI Admin privlages. Details here

If you need more granular, then there are addiitonal specifics you can dig into in the O365 audit logs, but that is also an extension of those permissions.

Um.... wrong you may want to refer to the "get list" command

Um.... wrong you may want to refer to the "get list" command

@Seth_C_Bauer

I am admin

I find report usage, list of users etc. but I am struggling to dinf a list of worspaces, dashboards etc.

Can you please guide me?

@jockefe The audit logs contain "CreateGroup" and "CreateDashboard", those should get you in the ballpark. Here is a blog by Chuck Sterling where he shows you how to download and use the audit log for reporting.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors