Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

OneWithQuestion
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Admin: How to view which reports a user has?

In the Power BI Admin page they show to users with most reports/dashboards, etc...

Is there any way to actually SEE the hosted reports?

Say we have user Jane Smith and she has 4 reports, how can you get to those 4 reports as the Power BI Admin?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I do not believe that being a Power BI Admin provides you any access to other users workspaces. Workspace/dashboard access must specifically be shared by end users.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

What about global O365 or domain admins?

Does that mean all user created content is owned by the "user" and not the enterprise?

What if a user is hit by a bus and we need to access reports loaded into the service?

It's a good point that you bring up and is an interesting question. This is essentially how it is with OneDrive but there are specific manual steps that you can take to get around that. I'm going to look into the question further and see if there is an administrative back door of sorts.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Bump, anyone else?

I would not think I'm the only person with this issue?

Hi @OneWithQuestion,

Current I haven't found any document mentioned how to manage the organization files, perhaps you can post this requirement to ideas.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

This is a massive problem for us. We have had users sign up for trial pro licences before we had an opportunity to disable this feature. These users had published reports and the admins need to remove all of this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors